Shifting...

A blog about my cutie pies (doggies) Peapea and Buibui
I'm still in the midst of shifting my content from my old blog...

Friday, September 9, 2011

Movie Review : Contagion

Attended the Gala Premiere of Contagion with my parents and sister(except xiaomei- she have to work and I'm 1 ticket short too! lolx) @ VivoCity Golden Village. (Tickets from Fmag and TheNewpaper)


Normally I don't pay much attention on the display of the surrounding, but this time, GV did it quite well... Or maybe, I was there too early so that I got to look around?!?!(lolx)




They also provided us with a small goodies bag which related to the movie!

Synopsis from IMDB:
Soon after her return from a business trip to Hong Kong, Beth Emhoff dies from what is a flu or some other type of infection. Her young son dies a few days later. Her husband Mitch however seems immune. Thus begins the spread of a deadly infection. For doctors and administrators at the U.S. Center for Disease Control, several days pass before anyone realizes the extent or gravity of this new infection. They must first identify the type of virus in question and then find a means of combating it, a process that will likely take several months. As the contagion spreads to millions of people worldwide, societal order begins to break down as people panic.

 


Although the virus/infection(in the movie) spread like rocket but the pace of the movie move like a snail!! It's not boring type of slow... more of an informative kinds of slow (alot of talking!!!)

The concept of the movie serve like a warning on how contagious a virus would be and at the same time teaches us how to deal with this kind of situation if **touch wood** somethings like that happen in the future, we will roughly know how to deal with it. (This virus in this movie is a combination of Sars and H1N1)

Well, I enjoyed the movie... it's scary, not becos of the actions (lolx)






My rating: 7.9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment